HireRight is committed to a sustainable, environmentally conscious and socially responsible future. We specialize in helping organizations efficiently implement, manage and control their screening programs. Offering web-based background screening solutions has reduced the use of paper in our internal departments, and have helped our customers reduce their paper use.
HireRight recognizes our impact to the environment. Through innovation and technology we have designed our systems to help automate a very paper-heavy industry. Everyday we strive to reduce our carbon footprint; below are some of our responsible practices:
- Our fulfillment process is 100% automated
- Our eSignature system has drastically reduced printing, faxing and mailing
- We ensure any discarded paper is shredded, recycled and reused for other paper products or energy
- Employees are encouraged to power down electronics and lighted areas when they are not in use
- Power usage was reduced by 45% and performance increased by 50% with the consolidation of our state-of-the-art data center
- Our Toronto, Canada and Irvine, CA offices are located in LEED, or Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design, Gold certified facilities
- Our electronics are recycled and replaced with Energy Star® rated products
- Teleconferencing is used for meetings and training to reduce the need for business travel
- Recycle bins for paper, plastic and metals are provided in our offices to help our employees discard of these items appropriately
- Employees use reusable cups and mugs to reduce waste
HireRight understands the importance of giving back to our communities. Our employees are encouraged and given time off work to participate in charitable volunteer work. Employees participate in food, clothing and blood drives and volunteer at local soup kitchens, youth programs, hospitals and other charitable organizations.
Existing Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility Programs at HireRight by Location: